Monday, June 13, 2011

The Performance of a Lifetime! (Or at least a week)

Happy Monday my two courageous blog followers. The sun is shining, the birds are hiding, I was on time for work, and nobody has stolen my drink from the break room fridge yet. It's shaping up to be a pretty promising day. How's that for a prone pessimist?
My weekend was a blast and not nearly long enough. It was nice to get out of our little hobbit-hole for a bit. Mostly because on Thursday our kitchen sink had broken and flooded our freaking house. Everything was soaked and it left that soaked/mildewy smell everywhere. So it was nice to get some fresh air and head up to Ogden to perform.
That being said, Colby was very disappointed with the performance. Poor guy. They turned his microphone down and mine way up (probably because I sing pretty softly) and nobody really heard his performance. He was pretty bummed. I even told the overly-apathetic "stylish" sound guys to turn his mic up. Which they did. Minimally. They were too preoccupied with the notion of looking cool. "Do I look better with my sunglasses on, or off?"
Overall, for me, it was a tremendous success because I didn't release any bodily functions involuntarily. I did what I was told-even put a smile on at my mother's incessant insistence-and sang a solo song at the very end. We got some money for it, and spent our entire earnings taking Colby's parents out to their favorite restaurant for letting us live in their house for a year. It doesn't pay the bill, but the intention is there. The restaurant food, by the way, was the worst I've ever had and never again will I fork out 90 bucks for 4 people at a place that claims to have the best beef in the world, however, is surrounded by fruit orchards and zero cows. If I wanted to a lukewarm turkey steak, I would have purchased one from wal-mart for five cents. Thanks.
The day was great. The day was hot and physically bothersome. Just like I remember from most my days in Ogden. Sometimes you find the oddest details to reminisce about. After, we went home to Hooper to check on my sister, Melody. She's been very ill with an unusual happenstance, but all has been resolved and I wanted to feed her. I love to feed people, especially my family, especially when they're sick. She hadn't been able to eat for about a week, and when I got there she asked me to make mashed potatoes for her. I was ecstatic. I told her potatoes aren't the best thing for her tummy, but i'd make them anyway. She loved them, and Ellis finished them. But, of course. ;-)
My cousins Shelley, and Sam were up with their loves and chillin's and we all had a tremendously sarcastic and great time around the fire pit saturday night making s'mores. I feel a little bad, because my cousin Sam brought his new girlfriend over, and she got a heavy dose of "Hall" that night. Either she's really shy, thoroughly intrigued, or disgusted because she didn't say a word. hahaha classic.
Sunday was likewise wonderful. Slept, slept, ate, and ate... then went to measure the North Ogden Amphitheatre for the benefit concert in two weeks. June 25th, 4:00-10:00. Gonna be fan-flippin-tastic. A lot of local music, good food (even jamba juice), and some cool stuff to purchase. All proceeds go to the local food bank. Help feed our hungry peeps.
I'll post pics when I get home. Over n' out.

No comments:

Post a Comment